Online Customer Payments via PayPal
Terms and Conditions
1. QUOTATION: A quotation not accepted within thirty (30) days is subject to review. All prices are based on material costs at the time of quotation.
2. ORDERS: Orders regularly placed, verbal or written, cannot be cancelled except upon terms that will compensate printer against loss incurred in reliance to that order.
3. EXPERIMENTAL WORK: Experimental or preliminary work performed at the customer’s request will be charged for at current rates and may not be used until the printer has been reimbursed in full for the amount of the charges billed.
4. CREATIVE WORK: Creative Work, such as sketches, copy, dummies, and all preparatory work developed and furnished by the printer, shall remain his exclusive property and no use of same shall be made, nor any ideas obtained therefrom be used, except upon compensation to be determined by the printer, and not expressly identified.
5. CONDITION OF COPY: Upon receipt of original copy of manuscript, should it be evident that the condition of the copy differs from that which had been originally described and consequently quoted, the original quotation shall be rendered void and a new quotation issued.
6. PREPARATORY MATERIALS: Working mechanical art, type, negatives, positives, flats, plates and dies supplied by PAR become the property of the customer (subject to satisfactory payment of the invoice) and title to same passes on these items prior to their being consumed. Therefore, PAR is exempt from any sales tax on these items and the sales tax is the sole responsibility of the customer. We assume no responsibility for any materials related to this job left at our shop 30 days from invoice date.
7. ALTERATIONS: Alterations represent work performed in addition to the original specifications. Such additional work shall be charged at current rates and be supported with documentation upon request.
8. PREPRESS PROOFS: Prepress proofs shall be submitted with original copy. Corrections are to be made on “Master Set” returned marked “O.K.” or “O.K. with corrections” and signed by customer. If revised proofs are desired, request must be made when proofs are returned. Printer cannot be held responsible for errors under any or all of the following conditions: if the work is printed per customer’s O.K.; if changes are communicated verbally; if customer has not ordered proofs; if the customer has failed to return proofs with indications of changes; or if the customer has instructed printer to proceed without submission of proofs.
9. PRESS PROOFS: Unless specifically provided in printer’s quotation, press proofs will be charged for at current rates. An inspection sheet will be submitted for customer’s approval, at no charge, provided customer is available at the press during the time of make-ready. Lost press time due to customer delay, or customer changes and correction, will be charged at current rates.
10. COLOR PROOFING: Because of differences in equipment, processing, proofing substrates, paper, inks, pigments, and other conditions between color proofing and production press room operations, a reasonable variation in color between color proofs and the completed job shall constitute acceptable delivery.
11. OVER RUNS AND UNDER RUNS: Over runs and under runs not to exceed 10% of quantities ordered, or the percentage agreed upon, in writing, shall constitute acceptable delivery. Printer will bill for actual quantity delivered within this tolerance. If customer requires guaranteed exact quantities, the percentage tolerance must be doubled.
12. SHIPPING: PAR assumes no responsibility for lost packages, original art, photos, transparencies, et al. when shipping to or from a selected vendor. Client, in writing, prior to shipping of material, must request insuring of packages.
13. DELIVERY: Unless otherwise specified, the price quoted is F.O.B. PAR; F.O.B. local customer’s place of business or F.O.B. printer’s platform for out of town customers when requested in writing prior to final quotation. Charges related to delivery from customer to printer, or from customer’s supplier to printer, are not included in any quotations unless specified. Special priority pick-up or delivery service will be provided at current rates upon customer’s request. Material delivered from customer or his suppliers must be verified with delivery ticket as to cartons, packages or items shown only. The accuracy of quantities indicated on such tickets cannot be verified. Printer cannot accept liability for shortage based on supplier’s tickets. Title for finished work shall pass to the customer upon delivery to carrier at shipping point or upon mailing of invoices for finished work, whichever comes first.
14. PRODUCTION SCHEDULES: Production schedules will be established and adhered to by customer and printer, provided that neither shall incur any liability or penalty for delays due to state of war, riot, civil disorder, fire, labor trouble, strikes, accidents, energy failure, equipment breakdown, delays of suppliers or carriers, action of Government or civil authority and acts of God or other causes beyond the control of customer or printer. Where production schedules are not adhered to by the customer, final delivery date(s) will be subject to renegotiation. Under no circumstances does PAR’s liability exceed the cost to replace the project.
15. CUSTOMER FURNISHED MATERIALS: Paper stock, inks, camera copy, film, color separations, and other customer furnished material shall be manufactured, packed, and delivered to printer’s specifications. Additional cost due to delays or impaired production caused by specifications deficiencies shall be charged to customers.
16. TERMS: Net 30 days unless other arrangements are made in advance. Past due invoices are subject to a late charge of 1-3/4% per month on the outstanding balance. The late charge is not intended as an alternative to prompt payment when due.
17. LEGAL FEES: Client will be held responsible for all court and attorney fees involved in collections proceedings.